Google

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Wong Kar Wai's 2046

Watched it at Daehan Cinema 1 in Chungmuro in Seoul. It was subtitled in Korean so I only understood most of the Cantonese, some of the Mandarin and a little of the Japanese used.

Some quick points about the movie...

- cinematography is exquisite. WKW did some interesting shots especially with obscuring most of the screen with curtains or walls.
- this is Zhang Ziyi's movie. she is so sexy here and I definitely enjoyed the movie because of her.
- I found both Lau Kar Ling and Wong Fei (Faye Wong) to be underused. LKL looks old amongst FW and ZZY. As for Gong Li... well, I didn't like her character at all. She felt out of place.
- I did not like the 'future' scenes... I thought they were too inane and slow.

That said, my fellow audience members almost fell asleep.