Google

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Life is hard for now...

As some of you may know, I have just completed moving house. It's a harrowing experience even though I'm quite versed in the process. This is because, for the past week, I've been through a lot! Let's see at the end of last week, I fell ill. What a coincidence. It was a full blown flu and cough and I was feeling feverish too. Still I pressed on. The going was tough especially considering the amount of items to be moved, the cleanup to be done and the stuff to be sent to the recycle centre.

Then on the day when my mover truck was supposed to turn up, they decided not to bother to do so! I tried calling the bastards. At the first call, the boss said, "Yes I am on my way". 5 hours later and I was still waiting. Calls to his handset went unheeded. Bastards to the core. Expectedly, I decided to get another mover instead.

On the same day itself, my car decided not to start on me. This phenomena went on for about 5 times throughout the weekend. AAM, on 2 different occasions when I was stranded, could not fix it. My normal mechanic took the car away from me for an entire day and still could not find the remedy. Finally I had another mechanic look at it and he found the ignition circuit to be fried. Another bombastic bill there. Sigh.

At the end of it all, I still have my flu but all my stuff is finally at the new place. It's still in a mess though.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.