Google

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy 2005!

The government cancelled all official celebrations for the new year but we were in the vicinity - holding a small quiet party in Grand Maya hotel.

Copyright (c) Kelvin Tan

A shot of the night's offerings. You can see multi coloured but heavily spiked 'fruit cocktails' in the making.

Copyright (c) Kelvin Tan

Here's my bottle of Heineken. We actually stopped by The Loft opposite the hotel for the countdown. To my surprise, the DJ there was my cousin. Never knew he was moonlighting as one. At the stroke of midnight (and after many warm SMS from my friends greeting the new year), I reflected on the past year and the year to come. I also thought about how I celebrated the past new year in Korea.

Subsequently, we returned to the hotel for more boozing and I stumbled home after that. One word of advice - don't drink and drive!

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a happy and prosperous 2005! And a moment of silence for the lives lost in Tsunami 2612...

Copyright (c) Kelvin Tan