Google

Friday, October 19, 2007

Shopping and Street Fighter 4, hell yeah!

While I appreciate the fine clothing at Banana Republic, I think we all agree that it's a little bit overpriced (especially to those who are used to lower prices in the States). Nevertheless, when I see something I like, mesti beli! As you can see, the fine details and workmanship on the polo... very nice and at the very least cheaper than Lacoste or PRL equivalents. And I have some discount vouchers to use... yay!




On another note, there's a relatively new cuff link and tie shop in 1 Utama. It's called Cuffz. Some interesting items can be found there. Prices are not too bad and the service is good.







I could not resist the rhodium plated Transformer cuff links :)







On YET ANOTHER note, Shanghai Tang opens its doors at Pavilion KL. I've been highly anticipating its launch for a while especially since I did not get to visit their branch in Singapore on my last trip there.

Their paper bag is so wonderfully colourful.










And they have nicely printed receipts...




I wanted to get one of their Genghis Khan polos but the choice of sizes in the colour I wanted was not available and also those in other colours, did not fit quite well. So I got myself another item with those mandarin collars which I so love (I have a few shirts tailored with those collars as well).
















Again, prices are a little bit on the high side. Hope sales will come soon. In any case, they gave extra buttons in a small paper envelope but I actually prefer these sewed onto the shirt inside label (dunno what those are called) somewhere inside so as not to lose them.




Copyright (c) Kelvin Tan

On another insanely happy note, I am glad that Street Fighter 4 has finally been announced by Capcom. It brings tears to my eyes and shivers down my spine. Can't believe it's 20 years since I first played the first Street Fighter!

Check out the SICK teaser by clicking on the pic below.




Fuck yeah! Hadoken, hadoken, hadoken.... Shin-shoryuken!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,