Google

Monday, December 22, 2008

3 cycles and elevator story

Well I completed 3 cycles today and looking forward to more. I am blessed with a wonderful family and great friends. For that I am extremely thankful. The past year has been kinda taxing especially with the loss of loved ones. Certainly made me appreciate my loved ones so much more. In any case, my best wishes to all and have a safe and fruitful year end holidays!

On a more random note, I was thinking about how elevator buttons work. You know how some people always depress the buttons again and again with hope that the lift would somehow speed up and arrive quicker? What if back in the past when they invented the elevator (and subsequently, the elevator call button), pressing the button when it's activated/lit up simply deactivates the button and cancels the command request for the lift? That means, press once, and the lift will come. Press it again before the lift comes, and the request for the lift is cancelled.

This certainly puts paid to any movie scene where the damsel in distress frantically presses and bangs on the elevator buttons while being chased by the murderer/ghost/monster!

Labels: ,