Google

Friday, May 23, 2008

Indy Jones And The Crystal Skull? Maybe spoilers...




It's been a long time coming... 19 years since last Lucas and Spielberg got together. I still remember having the hotdog from outside Rex Cinema in KL back in 1982 before the start of Raiders Of The Lost Ark.

And over this time, Harrison Ford got really old. In any case, is the magic still there? The theme doesn't fail to make me stifle my tears. The sound of the whip and the Bollywood-style sound effects of the punches are still there. The plane flying across the map with a trailing red line is still there. Heck, we even get a glimpse of the Ark. And Cate Blanchett is oh-so hot!

Well, I must say that I DID enjoyed the movie. Shia LaBeouf wasn't as annoying as I thought he would be. Some set pieces and scenes are amazingly spectacular (and some too fantastical to be believable - I'm not talking about the ending) but others made the movie not as chee-keck as I wanted it to be. But the green screen scenes and CGI do detract a little especially. There were homages to Sean Connery and Denholm Elliot which I thought were appropriate and brought back fond memories.

So what do you make of it?

Labels: