Google

Monday, July 03, 2006

Food glorious food!

My dinner last night... I decided to cook dinner.

First off, sambal udang kering using my mom's simplest of recipes :)



The omelette with some sliced sausages with spring onion plus a bit of chilli padi...



Finally chicken soup with fishballs and lots of chinese lettuce, celery, spring onion, coriander and tomatoes.



And since I made a bit too much sambal last night, I decided to fry some rice for lunch today...



For dinner today , I decided to look for this memorable taichow in Pudu called Yee San Fatt... located at Jalan Gajah opposite the Cantonese Methodist Church. It was packed!!!



Chew pai ai kua, deep fried eggplant with spring onions, coriander and dried shrimp.



Fuyue yaumak, romaine lettuce fried with femented beancurd.



And their house specialty, the belle of the ball, the utterly AMAZING kah heong yee tau (extra fragrant steamed fish head). It was served with a ton of ginger, garlic, coriander, spring onion and chai pao. Delicious!!! They also have other house specialties including seong tong lala and tippan siu yee.



Hungry yet?

Copyright (c) Kelvin Tan