Google

Friday, June 15, 2007

7 Versions Of SELF CONTROL!

One of my favourite songs of all time. Definitely definitive of 80s pop... I have fond memories of me sitting at the Melaka River bridge railings (between the Clock Tower and the chicken rice ball shop) at night while my parents were selling food by the roadside there. There used to be some makan stalls just below the bridge and the was this ice kacang shop which had a jukebox. Every night, there would surely be a customer who would select this song off the jukebox.

Anyway the original version is by an Italian singer called RAF. Check out the cute background singers...



Then there's the most famous version by Laura Branigan. Was she hot in this video! I can never get tired of the song...



There's also a version by Danish group, Infernal...



And Royal Gigolos...



Caramelle's R&B version which I am indifferent to...



Even a Spanish version by Ricky Martin! Check out his hair!



And finally, a recent version by Spanish singer, Soraya Arnelas. Very catchy!



Which do you like best? For me it's still Branigan's version forever!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,