Google

Saturday, June 30, 2007

RSVP At Marketplace

Ok this month's KLue RSVP event was at Marketplace at Lrg Yap Kwan Seng. It was in the shadow of the tallest twins in Malaysia.

I was joined by two beautiful ladies, Pinkpau and Kimfluttersby.




We observed that the place had a very plain setup but looks much better when the lights are dimmed .










The free flowing Martell cocktails were welcome in the blistering residual heat of the day.




As with other RSVP events, the sexy Martell girls went around taking polaroids of guests. It was a cute way of letting us literally keep a piece of the evening.




Anyway we started off with an interesting appetizer... Amuse Bouche. It was a pleasant piece but I tasted neither goat cheese nor strawberries. Instead, apart from the watermelon, I thought the top was made with red bell peppers.



The next item on the menu, Mushroom Soup with Vanilla Cream.



We also asked for some balsamic vinegar and olive oil to go with our bread.





My main course was cod with wasabi mash. It was nicely done and I enjoyed the dish very much. However, I wish the wasabi flavour in the mash was more than just subtle. I like my wasabi to kick me in the nose.





Both Su Ann and Kim had the beef tenderloin. Quite a generous portion...



There were also salmon and pasta aglio olio as the remaining choices. We waited for dessert...



And it didn't take long. The cosmetics of the dessert could have been better but the chocolate mousse was delicious and I enjoyed the sourness of the passion fruit syrup which cut through the sweetness of the mousse.



Then a surprise entrance by a musician... I truly enjoyed the virtuoso performance of the saxophonist!



All in all, a fine evening with great company and good food.

Copyright (c) Kelvin Tan

Labels: , ,