Google

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ping Pong Crazy!

More acquisitions...

First off, the Kokutaku Cho Super Cho Tokusen 10mm JPEN table tennis blade. I heard that only 150 pieces are made each year and like my current 9mm Super Cho Tokusen, uses top grade kiso hinoki (Japanese Cypress) from trees at least 300-500 years of age. This one is too precious to use and I will just be keeping it somewhere...
















Next is something I wanted to try for a long time. I wanted to try the most difficult style (but also the most traditional to the Chinese) - Chinese Penholder with short pip (pimple) rubber. So I decided to get a DHS (aka Double Happiness) Hurricane Hao which DHS created specifically for Wang Hao (current No 1 player in the world).
















I put a DHS Hurricane 3 with the newer (and softer) #19 sponge on the forehand and the well known short pip rubber, Friendship 927 802-40 on the back. This configuration will allow me to play my traditional looping style and also give me the option to use short pip straightforward play when needed. I can even choose to twiddle for some surprises.







Copyright (c) Kelvin Tan

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,